(KY) State warns deaf community about keyless ignition vehicles after Lexington carbon monoxide death

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) – Advocates in Kentucky are urging the deaf community to know about the potential dangers of keyless ignition vehicles after a Lexington woman died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this month.

A vehicle with keyless ignition (Photo: WKYT)

Friends tell WKYT Connie Dotson died when she accidentally left her car with keyless ignition running in the garage while she slept inside her home. The coroner’s office said it is possible that was the cause of her death.

The Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing said this isn’t the first time this has happened, and it likely won’t be the last.

Read the rest at https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/State-warns-deaf-community-about-keyless-ignition-vehicles-after-Lexington-carbon-monoxide-death-512855961.html.

@2022 Delaware Association of the Deaf - proudly created by Feta Fernsler with WordPress